The African Nations Scholarships awards over 100,000 scholarships for bachelor degree, masters, and postgraduate study and professional development to citizens of developing African countries each year. The International scholarship awarded by the United Nations provides monthly financial assistance to qualified candidates and also give them the ability to study and work in any country of their choice all through the period of programme. The scholarship is available to South Africa, East Africa, and West Africa countries only.
- Tuition fees
- Accommodation fees
- Cost of books (Book allowance)
- Project and equipment expenses
- Student monthly allowance ($1,500)
- Statement of purpose, this should convey your interest,academic qualification and your goals.
- Original college transcripts or high school diploma.
- Original copies of birth certificates.
- Two passport photograph.
- Proof of citizenship
- Full-tuition scholarships fee.
- Monthly allowance.
- Academic development funding – from $500 to $2,000, dependent on the length of your course, to attend conferences and courses.
- Family allowance – up to $10,120 for a first child and up to $4,320 for a second child (2016-17 rate). No funding is provided for a partner.
- Fieldwork – you may apply to keep up to your normal maintenance allowance while on fieldwork as part of your Ph.D. (the Trust does not fund other field work costs as these should be funded by the University Composition Fee).
- Hardship funding – for unforeseen difficulties
- Maternity/Paternity funding – should you require it, you may apply to intermit your studies for up to 6 months and continue to receive your maintenance allowance during this time
- Some fourth year funding for Ph.D. Scholars may be provided
Nationality: Citizens of all African nations are eligible to apply.
- Start your online application here on this platform.
- Fill all the space provided on the application form.
- All application is online on this platform and kindly select carefully your program of study and upload all the necessary documents required for your program.
- All communication goes through the mail you have provided on your online application form.
- Deadline August-10th 2019.