Commonwealth PhD Positions for Students from Commonwealth Countries in the UK, 2020
- University or Organization: Commonwealth Scholarship Commission
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Educational fund
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not known
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: Anguilla, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Brunei Darussalam, Canada, Cayman Islands, Cyprus, Falkland Islands, Gibraltar, Malta, New Zealand, Seychelles, St Kitts and Nevis, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD degree in any subject
- Admissible Criteria: The applicants have lived in an eligible Commonwealth country for a period of 5 years for a continuous period within the last 10 years.
- Applicant must be available to start your academic studies in the UK between January to March 2020 (to be agreed by the CSC).
- Aspirants must have top hold an unconditional offer from your chosen university/universities listed on your CSC online application, at the point of being notified that you have been provisionally selected for an award by the CSC.
How to Apply
- Must attach the supporting statement from a proposed supervisor at one or more of the UK universities named on your application form, references from at least two individuals, full transcripts detailing all your higher education qualifications, proof that you are a citizen of an eligible Commonwealth country: a copy of your valid passport (or national ID card) showing your photograph, date of birth, and country of citizenship.
- You are needed to hold your first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) honors standard, or a second class degree and relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree).
- Students must demonstrate that their current level of English language proficiency meets the University’s English proficiency policy.