Government Scholarships for International Students in Czech Republic, 2018
The Government of the Czech Republic offers scholarships within the framework of its Foreign Development Assistance in support of the study of foreign nationals from developing countries at public institutions of higher education in the Czech Republic.
These Government Scholarships are designed to cover the standard length of study:
1) in follow-up Master study programmes plus one-year preparatory course of the Czech language (which is combined with other field-specific training). Government scholarships of this category are awarded to graduates from Bachelor’s degree courses who can enrol only in study programmes in which instruction is given in the Czech language. Depending on the subject area, applicants are normally required to sit entrance examinations at the higher education institution concerned. Successful passing of entrance examinations constitutes a precondition for the scholarship award;
2) in follow-up Master study programmes or Doctoral study programmes. Government scholarships of this category are awarded to graduates from Bachelor or Master study programmes, respectively, who enrol in study programmes with instruction in the English language.
Worth of Award
- annual offer of 15 scholarships intended to cover two-semester study visits (which can be divided into 30 one-semester stays) to the Czech public universities;
- annual offer of 60 one-month scholarships to pursue a language course;
- attendance of up to 20 teachers and/or future teachers from among the members of compatriot communities at two-week courses of the Czech language teaching methodology;
- admission of up to 3 high school students to study teaching methodology at an upper secondary school in the Czech Republic;
- funding the stays of up to 15 Czech language teachers with the compatriot communities in Argentina, Brazil, Croatia, Paraguay, Romania, Russia, Serbia, the Ukraine and the USA;
- support for communities taking part in the “Czech School without Borders” and similar projects.
- Foreign nationals from developing countries at public institutions of higher education in the Czech Republic. Such as:
- Zambia, Ethiopia, Ukraine, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Serbia, Georgia, Moldova, Cambodia, Mongolia
How to Apply
Apply online via their website, click the link below
Deadline: applications are open, check their website