The Lincoln University in New Zealand invites applications for the John W & Carrie McLean Trust Scholarship for PhD & Masters program for the 2019/2020 academic year. International & New Zealand citizen or permanent resident students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
The aim of this Trust is to encourage and promote post-graduate research and development relating to sheep with the end objective being to advance sheep research in New Zealand.
Worth of Award
- PhD Scholarship is valued at $21,000pa.
- Masters Scholarship is valued at $10,000pa
- Available to New Zealand Citizen or Permanent Resident Students
- Available to International Students
- For students undertaking a PhD or the thesis year of a Masters degree.
- International applicants must have been resident in NZ for not less than three years
Scholarships will be open to any post-graduate student from Lincoln University who is a New Zealand citizen or has been resident in New Zealand for a period of not less than three years at any time during his or her lifetime.
- Scholarships will be open to candidates who are eligible to register as candidates for postgraduate study (research only), PhD or the thesis year of a Masters degree.
- A scholarship may be awarded to a person who is not eligible to register as a candidate with Lincoln University provided he or she becomes eligible to so register by 1 March in the year following the awards, or by such other date as may be determined by the Vice Chancellor in a particular case.
- If a candidate awarded a scholarship does not become eligible to register at Lincoln University by 1 March or by the date determined under the provisions
(1)The candidate shall be undertaking or planning to undertake an area of research which is aligned with the focus and requirements relating to sheep research as stated in the John W & Carrie McLean Trust Scholarship.
(2)The proposed research area or topic has sufficient scope, complexity, or depth commensurate with research at the required level.
How to Apply
- Candidates shall submit applications no later than 1 November of the year preceding the award of the scholarship.
- Applications will be submitted on the form provided by the Scholarships Manager.
- Applications to be submitted to
PO Box 85084
Deadline: applications Close November 01, 2019