The University of Sydney in Australia offers the Lendlease Bradfield Urbanisation Scholarships for 2018/2019 academic year.
The Scholarship was generously donated by Lendlease and established in honour of John Bradfield who played a monumental part in shaping Sydney. The Scholarship aims to develop the potential of students and nurture Sydney visionaries who aspire to shape the city’s future.
Worth of Award
- The Scholarship is valued at $10,000 per annum and is tenable for the full-time duration of the recipient’s undergraduate program including combined degree programs.The Scholarship annual value will be paid in two equal instalments after the census date of each semester.
- Applicants can be either Australian citizens, Australian Permanent Residents, or International Students at the University of Sydney.
- Students enrolled in their first or second year of an undergraduate degree in the following Faculties/University Schools:
- Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences,
- Faculty of Engineering and Information Technologies,
- Sydney School of Architecture, Design and Planning,
- University of Sydney Business School.
- Applicants must be undertaking studies within one of the above-listed faculties/University schools and interested in issues related to urbanism including without limitation, urban development, urban planning, urban design, project finance, project and/or facilities management and engineering.
- Students must also have a Weighted Annual Mark (WAM) of 65. SAM for first year students – full-time.
- Applicants cannot have studied more than 96 credit points in their degree program (including degree combined programs).
The Scholarship will be awarded on the basis of:
- academic merit, and
- response to the advertised essay question:
What does success to Sydney’s future as a global city look like to you? What is the greatest obstacle to it achieving that success and how would you overcome it?
How to Apply
- Shortlisted applicants will need to make a 5-minute presentation using visual aids.
- Applications will be shortlisted by University of Sydney academic staff representing each of the above-listed faculties/University schools. The final selection committee will consist of the same academic staff, the University Registrar or their nominees, up to two representatives from Lendlease and a media representative. The final decision rests with the University.
- In acknowledgement of the Donor’s intention to promote gender equality, the University will endeavour to award no less than 50% of the scholarships in each ten year period to female applicants
Deadline: applications close 5 August 2019