The Department of Radiology & Nuclear Medicine at the Tracer Center Amsterdam in the Netherlands invites applications for the PhD fellowship for the 2019/2020 academic year.
The Department of Radiology & Nuclear Medicine is, amongst others, specialized in conducting research using nuclear imaging techniques, more specifically Positron Emission Tomography (PET). Our aim is to use PET for diagnosis of disease, treatment monitoring and patient selection. Tracer Center Amsterdam develops the new PET tracers needed in the clinic for neurological diseases as well as oncology, rheumatology and cardiology. The research of TCA focusses on radiochemistry methodology development, selection of biological targets and development of new PET tracers for these targets, preclinical in vivo evaluation of new PET tracers as well as good manufacturing practice (GMP)-compliant synthesis of PET tracers.
In 2019 they will move into the Amsterdam UMC Imaging Center equipped with a brand new lab for TCA according to the current state of the art. At the Imaging Center all imaging modalities will come together and the synergy with the clinic will be further enhanced.
They are looking for a dedicated and skilled individual with excellent analytical skills, good command of written and spoken English and should be able to work in a team as well as independently. You also have the following qualifications:
- Obtained a MSc degree in biology, pharmacology, chemistry or equivalent;
- Experience in radiochemistry (89Zr) with biologicals is prefered.
- Experience with in vitro methodology
- The researcher must not have resided or carried out his/her main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the Netherlands for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to his/her recruitment – unless as part of a procedure for obtaining refugee status under the Geneva Convention .
- The researcher must be Early Stage Researcher (ESR): at time of recruitment he/she must be in the first 4 years (full-time equivalent research experience) of his/her research careers and must not have been awarded a doctoral degree.
Value of Scholarship
- Salary Scale PHD: 2336 tot 2992 euro gross when employed full-time (depending on qualifications and experience).
- In addition we give a bonus of 8,3% of the year’s salary at the end of the year and 8% of the year’s salary as holiday bonus. VUmc employees can profit from a advantageous health care insurance and other benefits. For more information see our website.
- According to the rules of the EU, PhD fellows working in a ITN program might have additional salary bonus as living and family allowance. These are to be established based on the personal situation of the candidate.
- For Dutch citizens it is mandatory to provide a VOG (a declaration of good behaviour).
How to Apply
- The application must include a motivation letter, a curriculum vitae, a list of peer-reviewed publications, as well as possible letters of recommendation and diplomas.
- You can apply till 23 December 2018 by using the apply button.
- Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.
Deadline: applications close 23 December 2019.