PHD Scholarship in Electronics and Informatics at Vrije Universiteit Brussel, 2019
The Vrije Universiteit Brussel invites applications for the PHD Scholarship – 100% for 2019 academic year.
The Vrije Universiteit Brussel has been a leading player in the Flemish Higher Education landscape for 40 years. The University numbers 12.000 students and together with its hospital – UZ Brussel – employs more than 6.000 people. The Vrije Universiteit Brussel is the largest Dutch-speaking employer in the capital.
Teaching and research at the Vrije Universiteit Brussel are founded on the principle of unfettered inquiry to benefit the progress of mankind. This means rejecting dogmatic positions and guaranteeing the freedom to form opinions without interference; in this way the University aims to ensure the dispersal of the principle of unfettered inquiry throughout society.
The graduate teaching assistant (category AAP) will assist in the organization and guidance of educational tasks of the department of Industrial Sciences (INDI) in the area of electronics and informatics for the Bachelor and Master programs in Industrial Sciences. Since the teaching assignment mainly concerns general introductory courses, good pedagogical qualities are essential, such as being able to convey concepts, understanding the necessary learning steps, designing a challenging curriculum with the necessary creativity, and motivating and enthusing students. Also of interest is patience and the radiating of a certain authority based on knowledge and experience more than on a typical teacher-student hierarchical relationship.
- Sensor Networks
- Security Design for the Internet of Things
- Hardware aspects of Smart Embedded Devices
- Embedded AI and embedded vision
The research topic will be chosen with respect for the interest and the background of the candidate. research tas.
Worth of Award
- As an employee of the Vrije Universiteit Brussel your days will be spent in a dynamic, diverse and multilingual environment. Both our campuses are set within green oases on the outskirts of the centre of the capital of Flanders, Belgium and Europe. This centre, with all its opportunities, is within your reach by public transport in under half an hour.
- Depending on your experience and academic merits you will receive a salary on one of the pay scales laid down by the government. Hospitalisation cover and free use of public transport for travel to and from work are standard conditions of employment. If you would rather cycle to work, compensation is also available for that.
- Both campuses have extensive sporting facilities which are at your disposal and a nursery is within walking distance.
- Master in Science, Industrial Sciences or Engineering with a specification related to Electronics and informatics.
- Excellent pedagogical skills.
- Excellent research capacities.
- The candidate is expected to endorse the educational vision of the university (full text available on the university website).
- Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Mastering the Dutch language is recommended. Candidates who are not competent in Dutch must be prepared to improve their Dutch language proficiency to the B2 level.
- Every first appointment depends upon the successful performance of a teaching session.
How to Apply
- Applications can only be submitted online (via the website of the Vrije Universiteit Brussel)
All applications must at least include the following attachments:
- A brief CV
- A concise statement of the reason for applying including explanation about the development of future research
Deadline: applications close 4th of September 2019