Fordham University commits significant funds to support scholarships. Awards are made on a competitive basis taking into consideration academic and performance profiles, leadership, and other factors. These four-year scholarships may be received for up to eight semesters (fall and spring only). The first five scholarships below are the most competitive. They are awarded to our top applicants upon admission.
The University is committed to the discovery of Wisdom and the transmission of Learning, through research and through undergraduate, graduate and professional education of the highest quality. Guided by its Catholic and Jesuit traditions, Fordham fosters the intellectual, moral and religious development of its students and prepares them for leadership in a global society.
Worth of Award
- This scholarship augments gift aid from all sources to cover the full tuition cost each year (fees not included) for courses taken as a traditional undergraduate student at Fordham.
- The scholarship will be adjusted for only one half of other non-tuition-specific outside resources or scholarships.
- The remaining half may be used for additional educational expenses.
- Presidential awards also cover the average cost of a double room or actual charges, whichever is less (excluding meal plans and fees), if the student lives on campus.
To be considered eligible;
- The Presidential Scholarship is awarded to entering traditional freshmen who generally rank in the top 1 to 2 percent in their high school class.
- The Presidential Scholarship is awarded to the top 20 admitted students each year.
- The scholarship is awarded on the basis of excellent academic achievement in high school, test scores, and personal characteristics.
How to Apply
Applicants to Fordham University do not need to submit a separate application to be considered for the award. They are awarded to their top applicants upon admission.
Deadline: Applications close November 1, 2019