The Monash University is a public research university based in Melbourne, Australia. Founded in 1958, it is the second oldest university in the State of Victoria. Monash is a member of Australia’s Group of Eight, a coalition of Australia’s eight leading research Universities, a member of the ASAIHL, and is the only Australian member of the M8 Alliance of Academic Health Centers, Universities and National Academies.
Monash is home to major research facilities, including the Monash Law School, the Australian Synchrotron, the Monash Science Technology Research and Innovation Precinct (STRIP), the Australian Stem Cell Centre, 100 research centres and 17 co-operative research centres. The university has a number of campuses, four of which are in Victoria (Clayton, Caulfield, Peninsula, and Parkville), and one in Malaysia. Monash also has a research and teaching centre in Prato, Italy, a graduate research school in Mumbai, India and a graduate school in Suzhou, China. Since December 2011, Monash has had a global alliance with the University of Warwick in the United Kingdom. Monash University courses are also delivered at other locations, including South Africa.
The Monash University is putting forth PhD scholarship foe Education (in Language Education). Grants are granted to direct research in projects that examines bi/multilingual, indigenous and English speakers in Australia.
- Application Deadline: November 1, 2019
- Level: Scholarships are available for those pursuing PhD programme.
- Course: Scholarships are awarded to conduct research in a project that investigates bi/multilingual, indigenous and English speakers in Australia
- Scholarship Worth: $12,500
- Nationalities: Scholarships are open to international students including Africans.
- Scholarship can be taken in the Australia
Eligibility for Application:
- Eligible Countries: Scholarships are open to international students.
- Entrance Requirements: Hold an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in Language Education, Applied Linguistics, TESOL, Sociolinguistics or related disciplines of high quality. Good command of written and spoken English, willingness to work with vulnerable young people, willingness to work with multicultural and indigenous people and the willingness to integrate with the multilingual research team.
- English Language Requirements: The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants, should kindly email their CV, transcripts and expression of interest to Dr, Dovchin Sendee or Prof Grace Zhang. You are requested to explain why you wish to do your PhD in this specific field and topic. The shortlisted applicant will be contacted to apply for admission via Monash online e-application