The University of Queensland at The School of Economics is awarding Undergraduate and postgraduate Scholarships to outstanding African students on the basis of academic excellence.
UQ is a research-intensive institution in the top 50 universities worldwide, offering choice and opportunity in undergraduate and postgraduate learning.
Students must have achieved an entry level OP minimum of 11 or the equivalent if originating from another Australian state or territory or for continuing students has a GPA of at least 4.0.
- Applications Deadline: Open for applications
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue Undergraduate and postgraduate programs.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study any of the courses offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: Undergraduate programme: Covering up to 50% of the tuition fees only for students seeking entry into the Bachelor of Economics. The scholarship does not include living expenses for the duration of the program, travel expenses or overseas health cover.
- Postgraduate Programme: Covering up to 50% of the tuition fees only for students seeking entry into one of the following coursework masters programs:
These scholarships are awarded on a competitive basis. Previous study of economics is not required. Work experience is also not required.
This scholarship does not include living expenses for the duration of the program, travel expenses or overseas health cover.
- Nationality: This scholarship is available for African students.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility for Application
Eligible Countries: This scholarship is available for African students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- African citizens, who normally reside in any African country and are not already undertaking any studies in Australia. Those studying English in Australia are still eligible to apply.
- Students must not simultaneously hold another scholarship.
- Students who have received an unconditional offer for a relevant undergraduate program and who are commencing students at UQ (the opportunity is not open to currently enrolled UQ students, or students studying at UQ on study abroad or exchange).
- The scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic excellence and high achieving students are encouraged to apply. Students must have a grade of 90% and also meet the UQ Math entry requirement.
Students from a science/math background are strongly encouraged to apply.