The University of Nottingham in the UK is offering the Vice-Chancellor’s international Scholarship for Research Excellence in the 2019/20 session.
The Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarships for Research Excellence aim to recognise and reward applications from outstanding international students from the Faculties of Arts, Medicine and Health Sciences, Science and Social Sciences.
The University of Nottingham is an inspiring place of learning and scholarship that transforms lives through:
- Offering an outstanding, broad-based, international education to talented students
- Developing skilled, reflective global citizens and leaders
- Undertaking fundamental and transformative discovery
- Being committed to excellence, enterprise and social responsibility
- Sustaining and improving the places and communities in which we are located
- Being engaged internationally to enhance industry, health and well-being, policy formation, culture and purposeful citizenship
Worth of Award
In 2019 they are offering full tuition fee scholarships
You can apply for this scholarship if you:
- are classed as an overseas student for fee purposes AND
- already hold an offer to start a full-time research degree programme**, PhD or MPhil, at their Nottingham campus with a start date that falls between 01 October 2019 and 01 February 2020 (inclusive), in any subject area*** excluding Engineering
**Please note that these scholarships are for up to each of 3 years of a research programme, subject to satisfactory progress.
They welcome applications from suitable candidates but would particularly value applications from strong candidates wishing to work within the research priority areas of each faculty. Please check with individual faculties regarding their areas of research:
- Medicine and Health Sciences
- Social Sciences
How to Apply
- All postgraduate students are encouraged to apply online using the online Applicants’ Portal. This allows you to attach supporting documents to your application form.
- Applications should be made via the scholarships section of MyNottingham once you have received an offer to study in 2019.
Deadline: applications close March 8, 2019.